An Interesting Trip

I have been lucky enough to go on some amazing trips, many of them within other holidays. For example, whilst staying in Coyhaique a few years ago, my wife and I did a day trip to Aysen. Other trips I've done include Cappadocia in Turkey when visiting Istanbul or Abel Tasman National Park in New Zealand.while I was visiting my brother in Wellington.

The trip I'm going to write about is a day I spent walking along the Great Wall in China. Covid restrictions meant that I didn't get to travel too often whilst in China. However, when my wife and I visited Beijing a trip to see the Great Wall was top of our list.

I researched the different locations close to Beijing and we decided to do a 9-hour hike from Gubeikou to Jinshanling because it was a quieter, less modified section of the wall. We went with a Beijing-based, English-speaking, hiking group. I think the trip cost about 30,000 pesos. This included transport and a guide. We were travelling with 2 German friends and there were about 10 other people on the trip. We left Beijing at about 8am. We reached the entry point to the wall and started hiking. It was a really beautiful, sunny spring day with hardly a cloud in the sky. The walk was amazing with the sections of the wall visible over the hills and mountains for miles ahead and behind. The sections were often different because of gradient or height. Some sections leading up to watchtowers were very, very steep and other with flights of stairs to navigate. I one point we had to get off the wall and follow a path on the far side of the wall for a couple of kilometers where the wall bordered some military land. We stopped for a picnic lunch for 20 minutes, but for pretty much the rest of the 9 hours we walked and took photos, lots of photos. It was a really memorable experience. A great walk and an epic trip. 


Write about an interesting trip you remember.

Say:

Where you went.

Who you went with.

How you got there,

What you did there,

How long you spent there.

Mention anything else you think is important or interesting. Try to write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on your teacher's blog and on the blogs of 3 classmates.

Comments

  1. What an amazing trip!! I would like have a trip like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have time. I didn´t travel abroad for the first until I was 20 years old

      Delete
  2. China sounds very nice and quiet. Do you like the chinese culture? You go back to China someday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Chinese culture and I would love to return one day. I meet a lot of lovely people who I still keep in touch with:)

      Delete
  3. you walked a lot, i would have gotten tired after the first hour jajajaj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love walking. As we say in the last class it has health benefits too:)

      Delete
  4. wouu awesome trip, would you return to china someday as a tourist or to live?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would do both but the latter is more complicated because of my age:(

      Delete
  5. They walked a long time, the trip sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day. I walked for 9 hours and then drank a nice cold beer:)

      Delete
  6. Are you still talking with your German friends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Not very often though. One is still in China and the other is now in Cuba.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Language

A Little Bit of Chile